Being New Daddy!

I had heard so much about parenthood that I almost thought I knew what it means. Thanks to my friends and relatives and colleagues, with kids, who endlessly blabber about that "special feeling" of becoming a parent that I sometimes really doubted if they were all exaggerating.

But now, after being blessed with a baby boy - Vihaan - on 4th January 2011, I feel that back then, I knew nothing about parenthood. And all those blabbermouths were not anywhere near exaggeration, in fact this "special feeling" can never be expressed adequately in words. However much and whatever is said and written about it will still be an understatement. Yeah, it's a great feeling, yeah it's a great happy feeling, but still it's so different from the "regular" happiness or any other happiness that I have ever enjoyed. I just love it and the only thing I want to do is look at my baby, in fact, hours just pass by and I just keep looking at him. Smallest of his smile brings enormous joys into our hearts. And slightest of his discomforts fill us with great apprehensions. I have started seeing my parents in a new light altogether and can now understand their fears, their concerns, their anxiousness for me. I guess, that's why they say - A child is a father of a man.

Vihaan


It's been more than one-and-a-half hours and I am still not able to express an iota of what I want to say. And I know I won't be able to articulate it. So, please let me end this post with the Elizabeth Stone's quote:
Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.


To all the parents or parents-to-be, I am with you now, absolutely forever!

Comments

  1. Thats very true !! Very well written ...you have given words to all the unexpressed feelings of parents who are enjoying the first time parenthood. Keep it up !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sir....enjoy parenthood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations bro..tho a bit late!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Going Home - Part 2

Fasting and Feasting - Part 2